New Delhi: Israel and India on Monday inked 9 pacts, including cybersecurity, following delegation-level talks headed by Prime Ministers Narendra Modi and Benjamin Netanyahu.
It is after the gap of 15 years that an Israeli Prime Minister visits India, Ariel Sharon former Prime Minister visited India back in 2003.
The prime minister of India and Israel accompanied by their senior ally held delegation-level meetings during which they also, talk over the regional and international issue of bilateral interest.
Modi during joint media event said ties between Israel and India will build up the pillars of cooperation in areas like agriculture, technology, and security, on his turn Netanyahu described Modi as a “revolutionary” leader.
Following are the 9 agreements signed:
1. Agreement on Cyber Security Cooperation
2. Agreement between the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas,
The Ministry of Energy on Cooperation in Oil and Gas Sector
3. Agreement on Film-co-production between Israel and India
4. Agreement between Israel and India on Amendments to the Air Transport
5. Agreement between The Central Council for Research in Homeopathy,
Ministry of Ayush and The Centre for Integrative Complementary Medicine, Shaare Zedek
Centre on Cooperation in the field of Research in Homeopathic Medicine
6. Agreement between Technion-Israeli Institute of Technology and
Institute of Space Science and Technology for assistance in the field
7. Directive of Intent between Invest India and Invest in Israel
8. Agreement between Indian Oil and Israel’s Phinegery Ltd intent for
cooperation in the field of metal-air batteries
9. Agreement between Indian Oil and Israel’s Yeda Research and Development Co Ltd intent for cooperation in the field of concentrated solar thermal technologies
The joint remarks point out defense collaboration between private enterprises already taking place between India and Israel and India asked Israel’s investors to invest in India’s frontrunner programmes like Startup India, Digital India and Make in India.