J&K batting sensation Manzoor Dar (Pandav) bagged his maiden IPL deal of Rs 20 lakh from Kings XI Punjab, leaving behind an International player Parvez Rasool and the other national player Umar Nazir. Parvez and Umar failed to attract a single bid during the 2018 IPL auction.
These are 9 Things you need to know about Manzoor Pandav
1. Son of a laborer, Manzoor Ahmad Dar hails from Bandipora district of north Kashmir.
2. Due to financial problems he had to leave his school and worked as a woodcutter and as a security guard to earn for his family.
3. Cricket was his passion since the childhood and he could not leave it. Even cricket did not leave Manzoor. So he worked in the night and practiced during the day.
4. Manzoor scores centuries, blasts bowlers across boundaries of the ground, fields perfectly and bowls too if required.
5. Manzoor’s next target is to make it to the Indian National team. His cricket journey so far has been full of achievements.
6. With career-best score 211, Manzoor has scored 40 centuries till now.
7. Manzoor got the nickname (Pandav) during a Kabaddi match when three opponents latched on to Manzoor who lifted all of them home into his own half.
8. Interestingly, Manzoor is also ‘called Mr 100 meter sixer’. His coach Abdul Qayoom says Manzoor is Mr 100 meter sixer man and he gives the ball a real hit, adding that Qayoom said during a match with Punjab last year, he hit a few sixes that were 100 meters plus.
9. This 6 feet two inches, 84 kg buddy with his hard-hitting capabilities could move the game in his side in the space of 12 to 15 deliveries.