How forces killed Jaish-e-Mohammed commander Mufti Waqas in 10 minutes?

Pakistan administered Kashmir (PaK) born Jaish-e-Mohammed operational commander Mufti Waqas, who according to police was the mastermind of a deadly attack on the Sunjuwan Army camp in Jammu, was killed in a joint operation by the Indian Army, the Jammu and Kashmir Police, and the Central Reserve Police Force on Monday evening.

Police says, it took barely a few minutes of gunfight that led to the killing of Jaish-e-Mohammad top militant in Kashmir who masterminded all recent fidayaeen attacks in J&K.

The government forces planned the joint operation after receiving “pinpoint” input about Waqas’ presence in a house with a small attic in the village on Monday afternoon.

The police suspect that Waqas had arrived in the village late Sunday. A joint operation was launched by the police, 50 Rashtriya Rifles Battalion and 130 Battalion of the CRPF in a congested locality.

“After the cordon was laid around 5 pm, the militant commander was offered surrender through the house owner, which he declined. The inmates of the house were taken out. The militant commander came out running and fired in a bid to escape. In the nearly 10-minute gunfight Waqas was killed,” a security officer in south Kashmir said. “It was a crisp and clean operation.”

The operation was called off by 7 in the evening.

According to reports, “After infiltrating into the Valley last year, Waqas was operating in the Tral area of Pulwama district.Waqas and the 4-foot-tall local militant commander Noor Mohammad Trali together restored the Jaish outfit and planned fidayeen attacks.”

Noor Mohammad Trali was killed in December last year close to the village where Waqas was killed on Monday.

A police spokesman on Monday had said the slain militant commander was the chief architect of attacks on the security forces, including the strikes at District Police Lines Pulwama on August 26 last year, Lethpora CRPF camp on January 1 and Sunjuwan Army camp on February 10.

Meanwhile, Tral, Awantipora and Pampore towns observed a shutdown over the killing of Jaish-e-Mohammed operational commander Mufti Waqas.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: